Cost Accountant/Work Planner (full time)
Van der Ende Steel Protectors Group is one of the largest steel protectors in the Netherlands. We work for leading clients in both the (petro) chemical industry and infrastructure. In recent years, our company has experienced spectacular growth, which will increase further in the coming years. This was made possible by our good reputation in the field of HSEQ. In order to continue to meet the high expectations of our customers and to be able to realise further growth of the company, we are looking for two cost accountants/work planners, to strengthen our Industry department.
Van der Ende Industry carries out maintenance projects on refinery and tank terminal installations on a large scale. To a large extent, we do this through long-term framework contracts, which we have been able to conclude with the major refineries and tank terminals. Some of these contracts have existed for more than 25 years. In addition to steel protection, projects may also include scaffolding construction, civil engineering and mechanical work. The projects are carried out in a complex environment in which risks with regard to the environment and safety must be managed integrally.
As a cost accountant/work planner, you are at the heart of the preparation of quotations and the execution. You analyse requests for specifications, measure projects from the drawings as well as in the field. You also request the necessary quotations from suppliers (purchase requests) and you work up calculations. You analyse any safety risks and work on the necessary control measures in coordination with safety experts and project management. You also draw up work plans and plans for the execution. You have many external contacts with customers, associate contractors and suppliers.
The activities in short:
- Participating in tender and project teams;
- Performing requirements analysis from tenders;
- Validating and verifying information;
- Setting up and processing deviations and Requests for Change;
- Drawing up progress reports and weekly reports;
- Drawing up plans and registering process of plans;
- Supplying correct completion and final files.
What we require of you
- Completed higher vocational (HBO) training, civil or mechanical engineering or business economics
- 2 to 5 years of professional experience in a similar position;
- Well-developed analytical and persuasive skills;
- Independent and ordered personality;
- Flexible and not afraid to work hard;
- Practical mind and widely interested;
- You are able to set your own priorities and you always look for the most practical solution to problems;
- You regard looking critically at existing working methods and systems as a challenge and you know where possible to improve or streamline them.
What we offer you
- A challenging position in a sound and growing company;
- Generous salary with top fringe benefits;
- Company car;
- Above all, a pleasant work environment;
- Good training opportunities;
- Promotion opportunities within project management.